Tuesday, 14 June 2011

The miscellanious stuff

Anyone who's read my blog knows that I like to write about things that I've played, listened to or watched lately and as I haven't blogged in a while I thought I would do one that encompasses a few of the favourites from my time away or new favourites that have popped up the last few days.

Video games
I enjoy video games a lot, and I've played quite a few while at university. There haven't been any real bad ones because I don't buy bad games. Anyhow here goes:

L.A Noire 
A good, enjoyable detective game which flounders toward the end. The facial animation is amazing but after finishing it I couldn't help but feel as though I was in the back seat through the majority of the game.

Mortal Komat 2011
This game brought everything that made Mortal Kombat good back and trimmed out all the fat that had been in previous entries of the series. Much better than MK vs DC and fatalities are back in this one in all their gory glory.

LittleBigPlanet 2 
Only people with a "no fun allowed" attitude hate on LittleBigPlanet. Just like the first one it's a fun platforming experiance with plenty of user generated content to keep you going, like that level modelled on halfords. What's not to love?

InFamous 2
Just like the first one, only better and trasversal around a sandbox has never been as fun. (okay I lied it doesn't beat Prototype in that regard)

SingStar
I would never normally buy a singing game but as it was only 7 quid I thought I'd give it a try and it is epic fun. I like to sing, and singstar allows me to sing at my TV and it tells me how shit I am, how can I hate that? Also great with friends (if you have any)

Duke Nukem Forever
Thankfully I didn't buy this game. 14 years this game took to make and it shows by how outdated and generally terrible it is. Never bet on Duke

Music
I've only really listened to Nick Cave with any real depth since away from home

This man is bad ass


I'd write about movies too but I've seen and enjoyed too many. Anyway that's it, in all honesty I just felt like writing something and this was all I could think of


No comments:

Post a Comment